Apple and Cranberry Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 18 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites, whipped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup applesauce, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup apples, peeled, chopped finely
- 3/4 cup cranberries, chopped
1. Preheat oven at 350 F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin pans with cooking spray and flour.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine egg whites, brown sugar, applesauce, vanilla, apples, and cranberries.
5. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
6. Use an ice cream scoop to fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
7. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.