Wormy Baked Apples Recipe
Instructions:1. Core apples from blossom ends, leaving stem ends intact.
2. Mix raisins and walnuts and stuff into cavities of cored apples.
3. Set apples, stems up in a 7 x 12-inch pan.
4. In a 1 to 2 quart pan, mix brown sugar, water, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir over high heat until mixture boils.
5. Pour hot syrup around apples.
6. Bake, uncovered, in 350 F oven, basting occasionally with syrup, until apples are tender when pierced and skin begins to crack, 30 to 35 minutes.
7. Remove apples from oven; cool in pan for at least 10 minutes or let cool to room temperature.
8. Set each apple in a small bowl and spoon syrup around fruit.
9. In the top of each apple, cut a hole large enough for one of the candy worms and tuck one end into each apple, leaving most of the worm dangling.
10. Offer cream to pour over apples.