World's Best Apple Fritters Recipe
Instructions:1. Peel and core apples.
2. Slice crosswise into 1/2-inch rings, dropping slices into water acidulated with lemon juice as they are sliced.
3. Sift flour with cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
4. Beat egg yolk with milk.
5. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
6. Beat egg white until stiff peaks form.
7. Fold egg white into batter.
8. Drain apple rings and pat dry on tea towel.
9. Heat oil or shortening to 375 F.
10. Dip apple rings in batter, coating both sides.
11. Drop rings onto hot oil, five or six at a time (one layer, not overcrowded).
12. Fry until golden brown, turning once, about five minutes.
13. Remove to paper towels to drain.
14. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.