Wholesome Apple Raisin Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
Nutrition Information per muffin:
Calories 180, Calories From Fat 27, Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrates 37g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 3g.
- 1 1/2 cup quaker oats uncooked, (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt (optl)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice or skim milk
- 2 egg whites or, 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup quaker oats uncooked, (quick or old fashioned)
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine dry ingredients including raisins; mix well.
3. Add combined applesauce, apple juice, egg whites and oil, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Fill muffin cups almost full.
5. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup oats evenly over batter; patting gently.
6. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let muffins stand a few minutes; remove from pan.