Topsy Turvy Apple Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Spread butter evenly on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
2. Press nuts, round side down, into butter on bottom of plate.
3. Pat brown sugar evenly over nuts.
4. Roll out pastry for bottom crust; place in pie plate over sugar.
5. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice.
6. Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and a dash of salt.
7. Toss with apples.
8. Turn into pie plate; spread evenly to keep top level.
9. Roll out remaining pastry; adjust over apples and seal.
10. Prick top with fork.
11. Bake at 400 F for 50 minutes.
12. Remove from oven; cool for 5 minutes.
13. Place serving plate on top of pie and invert.
14. carefully remove pie plate.
15. Serve warm or cool.