Topsy-Turvy Apple Pecan Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Spread softened butter evenly on bottom and sides of 9-inch pie pan.
2. Press pecan halves, rounded side down, into butter.
3. Pat brown sugar evenly over pecans.
4. Roll out enough pastry for 1 crust; place in pie pan over sugar; trim, leaving 1/2-inch overhang.
5. Combine remaining ingredients; pour into pie pan, keeping top level.
6. Top with remaining pastry; trim even with bottom crust; fold edges together, flush with rim; flute.
7. Prick top of pie with fork.
8. Bake in hot oven (450 F) for 10 minutes; reduce heat to moderate (350 F); bake for 30 to 45 minutes or longer, or until apples are tender.
9. Remove from oven.
10. When syrup in pan stops bubbling, place serving plate over pie; invert.
11. Carefully remove pie pan.
12. Serve hot.