Spicy Fruit Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded, pared apple
- 2/3 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup bran flakes
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
2. Stir in apple, brown sugar and nuts.
3. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, juice and butter.
4. Stir into apple mixture just until blended.
5. Fold in bran flakes.
6. Pour into oiled muffin pans, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.