Spicy Apple Raisin Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
119 Kcal, 4.1g fat (0.5g sat fat), 29% CFF, 210mg sodium, 1.8g fiber, 3.3g protein, 4.1g fat, 18.9g carbs.
- 2 cup raisin bran
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ or oat bran
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 3 tbsp oil
1. In a large bowl combine cereal, flour, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking powder, seasonings and apple; set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine egg whites, apple juice, milk and oil. Mix well.
3. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients; stirring just until moistened.
4. Line muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray; fill 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 425 F for 12 to 15 minutes.