Spicy Apple Pancakes Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, molasses, oil, lemon juice and egg.
3. Add to the flour mixture.
4. Stir until mixed through.
5. Do not overmix.
6. Stir in the apple.
7. Coat a griddle with the cooking spray and, using a 1/4-cup measure, ladle the batter onto the hot griddle.
8. Cook until bubbles start to appear on top and the pancakes are browned on the bottom.
9. Turn and cook the other side.
10. The recipe will make 12 pancakes, substantial for four people.