Spicy Apple Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp allspice, ground
- 2 cup apple, unpeeled, grated
- 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 egg, whole or 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp oil, vegetable
1. In bowl mix flour, (can use 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup unprocessed bran), sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and allspice; set aside.
2. In another bowl combine apples, apple juice concentrate, raisins, egg or egg whites and oil.
3. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add apple mixture.
4. Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
5. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
6. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups.
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 20 to 25 minutes.