Puffy Apple Pancake Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
Make sure everything is ready for serving and the guests are on hand when you pop this pancake into the oven because it falls fast like a souffle, not long after being removed from the oven.
Each serving contains about:
212 calories; 259 mg sodium; 9 mg cholesterol; 3 grams fat; 39 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams protein; 0.47 grams fiber.
- 1/2 cup nonfat egg substitute
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- Powdered sugar
- Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
1. Combine egg substitute, milk, flour, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon in blender container.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Set aside.
4. Saute apples in butter in oven-proof 8-inch skillet until lightly browned.
5. Sprinkle with brown sugar and dash of cinnamon and cook until brown sugar melts.
6. Pour batter over apples.
7. Bake at 400 degrees about 20 minutes or until pancake is light brown and puffed.
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon to taste.
9. Serve immediately with Yogurt Sauce.
1. Combine yogurt and applesauce.
2. Chill until serving time. Makes 3/4 cup.