Puffed Apple Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 4 tbsp 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk, not lowfat or non-fat
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Place 4 custard cups on cookie sheet.
3. Pour 1 tbsp butter into each custard cup.
4. Combine eggs, mik and flour and stir until just blended.
5. Divide batter among custard cups.
6. Toss apple slices with sugar and lemon juice until coated.
7. Arrange apple slices in spoke pattern over batter.
8. Bake until pancakes are puffed and golden, approximately 15 minutes.
9. Serve with syrup.