Puffed Apple Pancake Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Melt butter in large ovenproof skillet.
3. Add apples, 2 tbsp sugar; cook, stirring, 15-20 minutes, until apples are tender and liquid has evaporated.
4. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Beat together milk, eggs, egg whites, remaining 1 tbsp sugar and salt in bowl.
7. Gradually whisk in flour until well blended and smooth.
8. Pour batter over hot apples.
9. Bake in 450 F oven for 20 minutes.
10. Reduce heat to 350 F; bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until puffed and browned.
11. Sprinkle with sugar.
12. Cut in wedges.