Powerhouse Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 12 bake cups
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup all bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple, peeled, cored,, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots or raisens
- 1/3 cup walnuts, if desired
- 1 tbsp margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Place 12 bake cups in a muffin pan or 12 foil cups on a cookie sheet; set aside.
3. In large bowl, combine bran cereal and apple juice; stir well.
4. Let stand 4-5 min for cereal to soften.
5. Add oil, apple apricots and walnuts.
6. Add dry ingredients to mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
7. Fill bake cups with muffin batter.
8. Bake until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-22 min On a sheet of wax paper, combine 1 tbsp sugar and 1/8 tsp cinnamon.
9. Brush hot muffins with 1 tbsp melted butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
10. Remove muffins from muffin pan or cookie sheet.