Oatmeal Pancakes with Jonathan Apples and Pecans Recipe - Printable Version Serves 5
- 1 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pn of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 jonathan apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
1. Combine oatmeal and boiling water.
2. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Add egg, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix.
4. Stir in milk, melted butter, apples and pecans.
5. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large, flat skillet or griddle over medium heat.
6. When the butter begins to crackle, spoon on pancake batter to desired size.
7. Gently flip pancakes when bubbles form around the edges and in the center.
8. Cook for another minute and serve with maple syrup.
9. Makes about 15 3-inch pancakes.