Improved Apple Pancakes (Or Waffles) Recipe - Printable Version Serves 5
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup coarsely grated tart apple
1. Stir together all dry ingredients.
2. Mix eggs, buttermilk, and oil; add to dry ingredients and mix gently.
3. Fold in grated apple.
4. Cook on lightly oiled griddle.
5. For waffles, double ingredients and freeze any leftover waffles; reheat on low setting in toaster.