Hot Apple Muffin Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 muffins
- 4 apples, red, medium, dDessert
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup apples, peeled, chopped
1. To prepare the topping, core and peel the apples, keeping them whole.
2. Cut each one into 4 to 5 thick rings.
3. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and coat the apple rings.
5. To make the muffins, sift together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
6. In another bowl beat the eggs, add the milk and melted butter.
7. Stir the liquid very quickly into the flour mixture, do not beat and do not worry about lumps. Speed is essential.
8. Fold in the chopped apples.
9. Fill 24 5-inch greased muffins tins or paper cases, filled to 1/3, and put one cinnamon apple ring on each muffin.
10. Bake in a preheated hot oven for 425 F, for 15 to 25 minutes, until cooked.
11. Remove from tins and serve hot.