Holiday Honey Doughnuts Recipe
Instructions:1. Dissolve yeast in warm water; stir in honey.
2. Combine flour and salt; blend butter.
3. Add yeast mixture, egg and milk to form a soft dough.
4. Beat well and knead for 5 minutes on a greased baking sheet.
5. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
6. Deep-fry in 350 F oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned on both sides; turn dough over halfway through cooking time.
7. Drain on paper towels.
8. Slit one side of doughnut and fill each with 2 to 3 teaspoons Honey Nut Filling.
9. To make Honey Nut Filling: Combine 1/4 cup each chopped dried apricots, apples and walnuts; stir in 2 tablespoons honey and mix well.