German Apple Pancakes Recipe
Instructions:1. Instead of sliced apples, 1/2 cup chopped, peeled apple may be added to regular pancakes, and cooked on the griddle.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, and salt.
3. Beat eggs with milk and cream.
4. Add melted butter.
5. Combine mixtures and beat until smooth.
6. Heat a 10 inch skillet, brush well with butter and pour 3/4 cup of the batter into the pan, tipping so it flows evenly over the bottom.
7. When pancake is set, cover with a layer of thinly sliced peeled apples and dot with butter.
8. Sprinkle each pancake with cinnamon and sugar, and bake in a preheated 400F oven for 3 minutes.
9. Fold pancakes so apples are inside.
10. Brush top with butter, sprinkle with a little more cinnamon and sugar, and again, after all 6 pancakes are done, arrange on a fire proof platter and brown under the broiler.