Dutch Pancakes with Spicy Apples Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees; spray a 10-inch round oven-safe skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Beat the eggs.
3. Mix in the flour, sugar and milk.
4. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees and bake for 40 to 45 minutes longer.
6. Remove immediately and cut into wedges.
7. Top with Spicy Apple Topping.
Spicy Apple Topping:
1. Melt the margarine in a skillet and add the cornstarch mixture, brown sugar and cinnamon.
2. Stir until thickened.
3. Add the apples and cook until crisp-tender.
4. Spoon over the pancakes.
5. Combine the sour cream and powdered sugar.
6. Add a dollop to each serving.
7. Garnish with pansies or dianthus.
8. Serve with sausage.