Crunchy Almond Apple Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Prepare pie crust according to package directions for filled one-crust pie, using 9 inch pie pan. (Refrigerate remaining crust for later use.)
3. Spread preserves over bottom of pie crust-lined pan.
4. In small bowl, beat 3/4 cup sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
5. Add 1 egg, egg yolk and 1 tablespoon flour; blend well.
6. Stir in 3/4 cup ground almonds and raisins.
7. Spread over preserves.
8. Arrange apple slices over almond mixture.
9. To prepare topping: In small bowl combine reserved egg white and egg white; beat until foamy.
10. Add 1/3 cup sugar; beat just until soft peaks form.
11. Fold in 1 cup sliced almonds; spread over apples.
12. Bake at 350 F for 50-60 minutes or until top is crisp and golden brown.
13. Cool 15 minutes; sprinkle with powdered sugar.