Cinnamon Ornaments Recipe
Instructions:1. Drain the moisture from the applesauce for 10 or 15 minutes (or longer if necessary) by putting it in a colander or strainer which you've lined with a coffee filter (or something similar).
2. Pour the whole container of cinammon into a bowl and add just a little applesauce at a time; stir; keep adding but check carefully each time; until you have a VERY stiff dough.
3. Roll out the dough between two sheets of waxed paper until it's around a quarter inch thick, then cut it with a cookie cutters.
4. Make holes in the dough cutouts with drinking straws.
5. Put the cookies in a very low oven (only about 175 to 200 F) for several hours; watch carefully so they don't burn (if they start to, lower temperature). Or air-dry them for several days, turning them over carefully each day.
7. When completely dry, if you wish, put ribbons through the holes and hang on the tree.