Baked Apple Pancake Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 5 tbsp sugar, divided
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 cup apples, peeled, diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Confectioner's sugar
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat egg whites until foamy.
4. Gradually add 3 tablespoons sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
5. Beat egg yolks until pale yellow.
6. Alternately add milk and flour mixture to egg yolks.
7. Fold in egg whites, apples and lemon juice.
8. Melt butter in 10 inch oven-proof skillet.
9. Pour batter into skillet.
10. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp sugar stirred together with cinnamon.
11. Bake 10 to 15 minutes; cut into wedges and dust with confectioners sugar.