Baked Apple Pancake Recipe
Instructions:1. Sift together the flour, 1 1/2 tsp sugar and the salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add beer and stir until smooth.
3. Beat in one yolk, then the other.
4. In a separate bowl, beat whites with 1 tbsp sugar until they form peaks.
5. Fold into the batter.
6. Mix together the remaining sugar, light brown sugar and cinnamon, reserving 2 tspof this mixture.
7. Squeeze lemon over the apples and toss with sugar-cinnamon mixture until coated.
8. Heat the butter and oil in a 9 to 10" oven proof pan or skillet.
9. Pour in half of the batter and cover with all apples.
10. Pour in the rest of the batter and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven, on the middle rack, for 60 minutes or until the apple pancake is puffed up and golden.
11. To serve, loosen sides and bottom with a metal spatula, sliding onto hot plate.
12. Sprinkle with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture.
13. Cut into wedges.