Autumn Chutney Recipe
Gathering the produce of the season as the days shorten, as the sun travels lower in the sky and the earth quietens, is a deeply satisfying pastime.
Making the most of the produce is a pleasure, too, and this chutney brings several of the fruits of the season together in a mouthwatering way.
Instructions:1. Mix the fruit and vegetables together.
2. Put into an preserving pan. Add the remaining ingredients, except the sugar.
3. Simmer for about 30 minutes until tender.
4. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
5. Simmer gently, stirring frequently, until thick. How long this takes depends on the water content of the fruits.
6. Cool, then pack the chutney into clean jars.
7. Cover and seal.