Applesauce Bran Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup whole bran cereal
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and bran cereal.
2. In another bowl beat egg well and then add milk, applesauce, and melted butter.
3. Mix the egg mixture and flour mixture just until they are well blended.
4. Divide the batter among 12 greased muffin tin cups.
5. Each cup should be about 2/3 full.
6. Bake at 400 degreesfor about 20 minutes.
7. You can test to see if the muffins are done by sticking a toothpick into the center of them.
8. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are done. Otherwise, let them bake for another 5 minutes and try again.