Big Batch Lemon Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Oil and lightly flour muffin pans.
2. Sift all-purpose flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg into a large bowl.
3. Stir in whole wheat flour and wheat germ.
4. Set aside.
5. Place tofu and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a food processor and blend until smooth.
6. Set aside.
7. In a small bowl, whisk egg replacer with water until foamy.
8. In a medium-size bowl, mix applesauce, brown sugar, corn syrup and juice concentrate.
9. Stir in egg replacer, vanilla, lemon peel and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
10. Add applesauce mixture to dry ingredients alternately with tofu mixture, stirring after each addition.
11. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter and lighty dust surface of each with cinnamon.
12. Bake until muffins are light brown and toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
13. Turn out to cool on a wire rack.
14. Serve warm or wrap and store at room temperature when cool.