Applesauce-Raisin Doughnut Mix Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine applesauce, raisins, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and egg.
2. Add Mix, stirring until thoroughly blended.
3. Turn dough onto well-floured surface and knead about 10 times or until smooth.
4. Roll or pat dough to about 1/2 inch thickness.
5. Cut into rings using floured doughnut cutter.
6. Fry 3 or 4 rings at a time in hot shortening.
7. Turn as soon as they rise to the surface and continue turning until golden brown.
8. Drain on paper towels.
9. Shake doughnuts in mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.