Apple Walnut Crumb Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Butter 12 muffin cups and sprinkle a litle wheat germ into each one.
2. Tap the muffin pan on all sides to spread the wheat germ around.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. In a large bowl, combine the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
5. Whisk the egg and brown sugar in a seperate bowl.
6. Whisk in the milk.
7. Make a well in the dry ingredients, add the liquid including the melted butter and stir to blend.
8. When a few streaks of dry are still visible, fold in the grated apple and walnuts.
9. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
10. Scatter a good amount of crumb topping over each muffin and bake for 22 minutes.
11. Cool the muffins in the pan on a rack for 3 minutes, then pop them out and serve hot.