Apple Turnovers with Custard Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
2. Stir in milk until smooth.
3. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly.
4. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat; stir 1 cup milk into yolks.
6. Return all to pan.
7. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
8. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
9. Cool slightly.
10. Cover surface of custard with waxed paper; chill.
11. Place apples in a bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice.
12. Add butter.
13. Combine sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch; mix with apples and set aside.
14. Divide pastry into 8 portions; roll each into a 5-inch square.
15. Spoon filling off-center on each.
16. Brush edges with milk.
17. Fold over to form a triangle; seal.
18. Crimp with tines of fork.
19. Make steam vents in top.
20. Place on greased baking sheets.
21. Chill for 15 minutes.
22. Brush with milk.
23. Bake at 400 F for 35 minutes.
24. Serve warm with custard.