Apple Turnovers Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat the oven to 425 degrees. 2. Combine the flour and salt, mixing well, then cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Sir in the cheese and sprinkle with water while mixing lightly with a fork (from 6 to 8 tbsp water may be required), continue mixing until dough makes a ball.
4. Divide the dough into three equal portions and roll each portion, on a lightly flour surface, into a 14 X 7-inch rectangle.
5. Cut each rectangle into 2 7-inch squares.
6. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, then fill the centers of the apples topping each apple with butter.
7. Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar mixture over the pastry.
8. Place an apple in each square and fold the corners to the center, pinching the dough at the top of the apple to seal.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
10. Top with whipped cream.