Apple Strudel Recipe
Instructions:1. Mix apples with raisins, lemon rind, sugar, cinnamon, and almonds.
2. Set aside.
3. Place 1 fillo leaf on a kitchen towel and brush with melted butter.
4. Place a second leaf on top and brush with butter again.
5. Repeat until 5 leaves have been used, using about 1/2 cup of butter.
6. Cook and stir bread crumbs with 1/4 cup of butter until lightly browned.
7. Sprinkle 3/4 cup crumbs on the layered fillo leaves.
8. Mound 1/2 of the filling in a 3-inch strip along the narrow end of the fillo, leaving a 2-inch border.
9. Lift towel, using it to roll leaves over apples, jelly roll fashion.
10. Brush top of the strudel with butter and sprinkle with 2 tbsp crumbs.
11. Repeat the entire procedure for the second strudel.
12. Bake the strudels at 400 F for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned.