Apple Spice Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 small apples, pared/cored/cubed
- 3/4 cup skim milk, room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup applesauce, room temp
- 1 egg white, whipped
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin pans with cooking spray and flour.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and raisins.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine apples, milk, brown sugar, applesauce, and egg white.
5. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moistened.
6. Use an ice cream scoop to fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
7. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.