Apple Sausage Pancakes with Cider Syrup Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 cup fresh apple, shredded
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 lb bulk pork sausage, browned
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
1. Heat griddle to 375.
2. In small bowl, beat egg on high speed until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
3. Lightly spoon pancake mix into measuring cup; level off.
4. Stir in pancake mix, milk, oil and cinnamon.
5. Fold in apples and sausage.
6. Grease griddle lightly before making each pancake.
7. Pour batter from 1/4 cup measuring cup onto hot griddle.
8. Bake until bubbles appear, about 2 minutes on each side.
9. Serve with hot Cider Syrup.
1. In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice; stir in apple cider and lemon juice.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and stir in margarine.