Apple Raspberry Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 7 ounces lard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 cup and 1 tbsp sugar, separate
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pint raspberries
- 8 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch clovse
1. Freeze the flour in a medium bowl for 1 hour.
2. Refrigerate the lard for 1 hour then cut into cubes.
3. In small cup combine vinegar, salt and water.
4. Measure 1 cup flour on to table, place lard cubes on top then cover with the remaining flour.
5. Roll rolling pin over the mixture until all of the pieces have been flattened and slightly incorporated.
6. Scrap into a bowl and mix with liquid.
7. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
8. With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out a rectangle about 8 X 12 inches.
9. Fold to the center and roll out slightly to form an 8 inch square.
10. Roll and fold once more.
11. Wrap in parchment or waxed paper and refrigerate until needed.
12. Peel and cut and core apples into eighths.
13. Dice crosswise into 1 1/2 chunks.
14. Toss apples with lemon juice.
15. Blend together 1/2 cup sugar with flour and spices.
16. Add apples and toss until evenly coated.
17. Add raspberries last toss lightly.
18. Cut 1/3 dough and reserve.
19. Roll remaining dough into a round 5 inches larg than dish.
20. Place and fit into dish and trim overhang to 1 inch.
21. Spoon in apples and dome evenly.
22. Roll out remaining shell, crimp.
23. Sprinkle remaining sugar onto crust.
24. Cut 5 slits in center of dough.
25. Bake 425 F for 10 minutes, lower temperature to 400 degrees for 40 minutes, turning to brown evenly
26. Let cool.