Apple Raisin Cream Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 1 pastry for 2-crust pie
- 8 cups tart apple slices, 1/8" thick
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Dash of salt, if desired
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp (rounded) butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Line bottom of pie tin with one crust and set aside.
2. Combine apple slices, sugar, flour, spices, raisins, salt and lemon peel; mix together well.
3. Spoon filling into pastry-lined pan; dot with butter.
4. Cover with top crust decorated with steam vents; seal edges.
5. Cut a 1-in circle from dough in center of top crust.
6. Bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes.
7. Remove pie from oven; slowly pour cream into center hole of top crust.
8. Return to oven; bake 5-10 minutes longer.
9. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate any leftovers.