Apple Pot Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Make a dough of the lard, flour and salt, adding enough water to moisten and hold together.
2. Roll out like pie dough and cut into 2 inch squares.
3. Wash and peel apples and cut into eighths.
4. Put alternate layers of apples and dough into kettle, sprinkling each layer of apples generously with sugar and adding a little cinnamon.
5. Have top layer of dough, dot with butter and fill kettle half full of water, cover and cook over a low flame until apples are soft.
6. Serve with milk or cream.