Apple Pie with Cheddar Cheese Crust Recipe
Instructions:1. For the filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in lg saucepan.
2. Stir in apple juice, port, butter and lemon peel.
3. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils.
4. Add apples and cook gently until barely tender.
5. To make Cheddar Cheese crust, mix flour, salt and shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
6. Stir in cheese.
7. Add water gradually and mix lightly with fork to form dough.
8. Divide pastry in halves and roll out one half to fit 9-in.
9. pie pan.
10. Roll second half of pastry and cut into 10 (1/2 in.
12. Spoon filling into pastry-lined pan.
13. Weave pastry strips across filling to make lattice top.
14. Bake at 375 F for 30 to 45 min or until done.
16. Serve warm.