Apple Pie That's Good For You Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- Ready-made 9-inch pie crust
- 4 cup thinly sliced, peeled, cored
- Apples, very green and sour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup granola
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp unsalted margarine
1. Mixed the apples with the lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, granola and raisins.
2. Fill the unbaked pie shell with the apple mixture.
3. Dot top with margerine.
4. Place the pie in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Lower oven to 350 and bake another 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove pie from oven and let cool.
7. If desired, make a lattice topping for the pie.