Apple Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar (1 cup for tart apples)
- 4 Mcintosh apples
- 4 Cortland apples
1. Line bottom of pie plate with thin crust, let it drape over edge of plate.
2. Slice apples into plate until it is heaped over top.
3. Mix the cinnamon and flour into the sugar and pour this over the apple slices.
4. Dot the top with pieces of the butter.
5. Cut around the plate to rid the excess crust.
6. Roll out top crust and 'smear' center (6 inches or so) with crisco; make 5 or 6 slits near middle; sprinkle with flour; fold and put on pie.
7. Unfold, then cut off to within 1 1/2 inches any access and fold under the other crust, making finger 'folds' to seal all around.
8. Run it quickly under cold water to partially rinse off flour. This is what makes it 'flaky'.
9. Cook at 350 F for about 1 hour, until golden brown and a sharp knife inserted feels no firm apples.