Apple Pie in a Brown Bag Recipe
1. Combine the flour, sugar and salt.
2. Mix the oil and milk and blend with the flour mixture and pat into a 9" pie plate.
3. Combine the sugar, flour and spices and toss with the apples.
4. Place into pie crust.
5. Mix the flour and sugar and cut in the butter.
6. Pour over top of pie.
7. Put the pie in a heavy brown paper bag (not a recycled one) and fold closed.
8. place in center of oven and bake at 350 F for 1 hour 30 minutes. Remember not to let the bag touch the walls of the oven.
9. The bag may produce a small amount of smoke for the first few minutes. You'll notice that as the pie bakes and the bag heats it will get darker in color -- that's normal.
14. Be sure to use oven mits when you open the bag after the pie is baked, there will be a small amount of steam escaping from the bag. 15. Serve warm.