Apple Pie Filling Recipe - Printable Version Serves 1
- 4 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 10 cup water
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 24 cup apples, peeled, sliced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp lemon juice
1. Blend sugar, nutmeg, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon.
2. Add water and cook till clear.
3. Add apples and lemon juice and cook till apples are soft.
4. Pack in jars/containers.
5. To make pie, make crust and bake.
6. Into prepared crust, put thawed filling and bake until warmed through.
7. Crumb topping can be added before baking filling if you wish.