Apple Pie Filling Recipe - Printable Version Makes 6 pints
- 6 lbs apples
- 2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Wash, peel, core and slice apples.
2. Treat to prevent darkening.
3. Combine sugar, flour and spices.
4. Rinse and drain apples; stir into sugar mixture.
5. Let stand until juice begins to flow, about 30 minutes.
6. Stir in lemon juice.
7. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken.
8. Ladle pie filling into canor-freeze jars or plastic freezer boxes, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
9. Cool at room temperature, not to exceed 2 hours.
10. Seal, label and freeze.