Apple Pie Filling Recipe
Instructions:1. In a large saucepan, blend sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
2. Stir in water; bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
3. Remove from heat; add lemon juice.
4. Pack prepared apples into hot jars leaving 1 inch headspace.
5. Fill with hot syrup, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
6. Wipe rims clean and seal according to lid manufacturer's instructions.
7. Process in boiling water bath, 20 minutes for quarts and 15 minutes for pints.
8. Makes 3 - 1/2 quarts.