Apple Pan Dowdy Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups apples, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven 350 F.
2. In bottom of buttered baking dish, sprinkle some brown sugar, nuts, and raisins.
3. Layer in apples and remaining brown sugar.
4. Cream butter, add sugar gradually, then add beaten egg.
5. Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Combine creamed mix, dry ingredients and milk alternately until smooth.
7. Pour batter over apples.
8. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
9. Turn over on plate with apple side up.
10. Serve with topping such as whipped cream, etc.