Apple Orange Spice Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Into small bowl sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; stir in milk powder and set aside.
3. In mixing bowl cream margarine with sugar; add egg yolk and, using electric mixer on medium speed, beat until thick and creamy.
4. Add apples, raisins, juice, and orange peel and stir to combine; add flour mixture and beat until well blended.
5. In separate bowl, using clean beaters and mixer on high speed, beat egg white with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry; fold into batter.
6. Spray eight 2 1/2 inch diameter nonstick muffin pan cups with nonstick cooking spray; spoon 1/8 of batter into each sprayed cup (each will be about 2/3 full) and partially fill remaining cups with water (this will prevent pan from burning and/or warping).
7. Bake 20 to 25 minutes (until cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean).
8. Remove pan from oven and carefully drain off water (remember, it will be boiling hot); remove muffins to wire rack and let cool.