Apple or Cherry Doughnuts Recipe - Printable Version Serves 15
- 3 oz butter
- 2 oz sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 9 oz flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cherry brandy
- 2 egg whites
- 9 oz sour cherries or 9 oz apple slices
1. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and egg yolks until creamy.
2. Mix baking powder under flour and mix, alternating with the milk and the brandy under the butter mix.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into dough mix.
4. Add the drained cherries or apple slices to all.
5. Heat oil in deep fryer and put tablespoonfuls of the dough into the very hot oil and bake until they are golden brown.
6. Drain on paper towl and sprinkle with sugar.