Apple Oat Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Spray muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Stir together in large mixing bowl and let stand while preparing remaining ingredients: Buttermilk, oats, and raisons 3. Blend dry ingredients together in separate bowl: whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt.
3. Vigorously blend into oats and buttermilk: Egg and honey.
4. Blend dry ingredients into liquid ingredients just until mixed. Do not overmix!
5. Fold in grated apple.
6. Fill muffin cups almost full.
7. Fill any empty cups half full of water.
8. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
9. Cool muffins in pan for 5 to 10 minutes for easy removal with slight tug on side of each muffin.
10. Turn muffins upside down when removed from pan until ready to serve.
11. Best served warm.