Apple Oat Muffins (Ovo Lacto) Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
Nutrition (per serving):
144 calories Total Fat 0 g (3% of calories)
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped apples
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place prunes and water in a food processor or blender and puree.
3. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt if using and cinnamon in a bowl.
4. In a seperate bowl, beat together the prune puree, milk, maple syrup, egg whites and apples.
5. Stir the we ingredients into the dry ingredients until the dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Transfer batter to nonstick or paper lined muffin cups, or to muffin cups lightly sprayed with vegtable cooking spray.
7. Bake 20-30 min until muffin tops are lightly browned and a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.