Apple Ginger Mixed Chutney Recipe
Special Equipment: 6 one-pint jars
Instructions:1. Prepare all ingredients before beginning.
2. Peel, core and dice apples.
3. Chop and remove seeds from lemons, but do not peel.
4. Peel and chop onions.
5. Peel and roughly chop garlic; do not mince.
6. Peel and finely chop ginger root.
7. Bring cider vinegar to a boil over low heat, using a large saucepan.
8. Add apples and cook until the mixture returns to a simmer.
9. Add remaining ingredients and cook gently for 20 minutes, stirring often.
10. Spoon chutney into glass jars which have been washed in hot soapy water and rinsed with boiling water.
11. Seal tightly.
12. Cool and store in refrigerator.